29 Jul 2022, Birmingham: India had a mixed first day at Birmingham 2022.
India at Birmingham 2022: First day results
• Adarsh finished 30th and Vishwanath finished 33rd in men’s category TV.
• Praganya and Sanjana finished 26th and 28th respectively.
• Women’s team won their first two group matches (1st match against South Africa for 3-0 and second match against Fiji 3-0).
• Men’s team won their first group match against Barbados 3-0.
• Men’s team will face Singapore in second group stage match at 11:00 PM tonight.
• Shiva Thapa defeated Baloch Suleman in the first match of 63.5 kg men’s boxing (5:0, Unanimous decision).
India dominated Pakistan in the Mixed Team event winning all 5 matches.
• Sajan Prakash (50 m Butterfly) failed to qualify for the semi-finals and
• Kushagra Rawat (400 m freestyle) failed to qualify for the finals.
• Srihari Nataraj (100 m backstroke) will compete in semi-finals scheduled at 1.20 am, on 30th July. Read More
• Women’s sprint team failed to qualify for the semi-finals, team India finished 7 in the qualification round with a timing of 51.433 for Women’s team sprint
• Men’s pursuit team finished last in the qualification round with a timing of 4:12.865.
• In men’s team sprint India finished 6th in the qualification round, failing to secure the semi-final slot for the same.
• In women’s Cricket, India lost to Australia in their first group stage match by three wickets. India scored 154 runs in 20 overs for the loss of 8 wickets,
• India will face Pakistan on their second group match on 31st July.
• Women’s team started with a dominant performance over Ghana (ranked 30th) with a big margin 5-0. Read More
• India will go against Australia and New Zealand in their next group stage matches.
• In lawn bowls Tania lost her first match in women’s single sectional play against Daphne of Falkland Islands (Score 20-21).
• In Men’s team event India lost to Scotland in men’s triple sectional play (Score 12-19).